What is a good Keto Snack?
A keto snack for in-between – Even with a ketogenic diet, the small hunger can suddenly attack you. We have put together a few great tips for keto snacks for you that perfectly match your ketogenic diet.
Classic snacks include sandwiches, chips, chocolate bars or student food. In short, things that you eat more or less consciously when you feel a little hungry. Ketogenic snacks are at least as tasty and ensure that you are full for a long time and not hungry again soon.
Thoughtless eating usually leads to the scales showing a little more the next day. Especially when it comes to snacks with a high sugar or carbohydrate content. Since this also drives up the blood sugar level, you are also usually quickly hungry again. Read on to find healthy alternatives.
Keto Snacks Recipes
You’re not always at home when you’re hungry in between. That’s why you should always have a snack ready when you’re out and about.
- A hard-boiled egg is easy to carry in a backpack or bag. Pack another portion bag of mayonnaise – the delicious snack is perfect.
- Even a handful of nuts will quickly find a place and are easy to take with you. Macadamia, Brazil nuts and almonds are ideal for ketogenic nutrition. When choosing the type of nut you should pay attention to the carbohydrates.
- You can easily make your own courgette chips and store them in the glove compartment of your car as a low-carb snack.
- If the feeling of hunger is not too great, water is also an ideal keto snack. By the way, this also applies if you have a low point during the day. Water stimulates the metabolism.
- Take a keto coffee-to-go from home with you. There is a large selection of containers for this and the keto coffee bridges the hunger feeling well. A keto coffee can also be made quickly: Simply stir a teaspoon of fat into the coffee, for example, butter.
- Avocado is the keto snack par excellence – and it does not require any preparation. Sprinkle a little salt over it and you’re done.
- You can counter hunger attacks with a cucumber. The vegetables are very low in carbohydrates and calories. The reason for this is that cucumbers consist mainly of water. Together with cream cheese, it becomes a delicious snack.
- Bread is normally not on the ketogenic diet. You can prepare an appetizing sandwich substitute from a salad. Take two large lettuce leaves and put whatever you want between them: Hard-boiled egg, cheese, ham, tomato and mayonnaise – and hunger is quickly gone.
- If you feel like something warm, then paprika and bacon rings are just the thing for you. Cut bell pepper into rings and remove the inside of the bell pepper. Now wrap a slice of bacon around each ring and put the finished pepper rings in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. The snack tastes both hot and cold.
- Cottage cheese is a healthy and ketogenic snack that quickly fills you up. Combine the cheese with fresh berries and add a little stevia to make a sweet snack.
Below you can find a few recipes:
1. KETO COOKIES
- 2 eggs
- 50 g coconut oil
- 75 g almond paste
- 25 g Chia seeds
- 100 g grated coconut
- 75 g chopped walnuts
- 200 g Brazil nuts chopped
- Sweetness as needed, best with xylitol
Preheat 1st oven to about 150°C.
Heat and liquefy the coconut oil, either in a pan or in a suitable pot. Put the two eggs and the almond paste in a mixing bowl and mix together. If the coconut oil is liquid, add it to the mass and stir it again. Now add the remaining ingredients and mix to a smooth dough. Distribute the mass either on a baking tray, in an angular tart form or in a Place the dough in the oven at 150°C for 30 minutes. When the dough is ready, cut it into pieces. Once it has cooled down it can hardly be cut normally, but crumbles – just like a cookie. Then the pieces should cool on a cake rack.
2. BACON ROLLS
- Ham from grazing, 1 pack (approx. 100g)
- Bacon from grazing, 1 pack (approx. 100 g)
- Keto-Mayonaise, about 100g see p. 100
- kernel mix with, for example, sunflower seeds and pine nuts, about two hands full
- Layout the mail partially overlapping on the cling film.
- Then lay out the bacon on top of it and spread the mayonnaise over it and sprinkle the seeds evenly on the mayonnaise.
- With cling film, the ingredients can easily be rolled into a roll and then cut into slices.
- What snacks can I have on the Keto diet?
If you eat ketogenic snacks in between meals, make sure not to exceed your daily limit of carbohydrates.
- Can you eat popcorn on the keto diet?
Popcorn is a snack that is allowed for the ketogenic diet if they are, of course, without sugar. They should, however, also be eaten in moderation.
- Are pickles keto?
Yes, pickles are a great keto food and are packed with the good stuff you can enjoy at any time.
- Can you eat peanut butter on Keto?
Peanut butter makes great food for ketogenic eaters as it is full of healthy fats and is also smooth which is great for making delicious smoothies and shakes. It can even be eaten on its own as a snack for on the road.
- What sweets can I eat on Keto?
Sweets are not allowed unless they are sugar-free or homemade keto-friendly sweets without sugar and too many carbs.
- What chips can I eat on Keto?
Chips can be made from cheese or other vegetables such as beetroot but not potatoes because they have too many carbohydrates. Even zucchini fritters or carrot chips can make a great chip-like snack.
- What is a dirty Keto diet?
On a dirty keto diet, people eat things that are pre-packed and made for convenience rather than with a health goal in mind. Those can include for example a lot of cheap and processed meat such as bacon and sausages, and also cheese, butter and so on whereas “clean keto” has a focus on organic vegetables, grass-fed meat, and butter.
Anyone who travels a lot on business or in private knows the problem: at home, a diet like a keto plan can still be carried out quite well. But as soon as you’re on the road, it gets unhealthy – pizza, pasta, white flour rolls, and fast food lurk in every train station, at every service area, and in every airport. Our article has hopefully helped with some useful keto-friendly recipe ideas!