Keto or ketogenic diets are fast becoming a viable option for people who seek to reduce weight. Since weight reduction may pose certain restrictions on what and how people eat, it is good to know what to eat when on a keto diet.
In this article, we will look at simple recipes people can make for dinner while on a keto diet.
What is a good keto dinner?
A good keto dinner recipe must first be easy to prepare. It is worrisome enough to restrict yourself to certain foods because you need to lose weight and stay healthy. Having to cook a complicated dish can spell doom for a keto diet routine.
Apart from being easy to prepare, a good keto diet must be high in fats and low in carbs. The body goes into ketosis, which converts fats to energy after glucose available in the body is used up. This is the ultimate reason for getting on keto. A good keto dinner must have these characteristics.
Keto dinner recipes
Below are some simple keto dinner recipes you can try in your cuisine.
1. Broccoli Salad For Keto
This easy broccoli salad recipe takes less than 40 minutes to prepare. It is very healthy and nutritious and tastes better when left till the next day. Vegetarians may replace the bacon with some diced avocado to help the broccoli.
The time required: 40 mins
Ingredients required for salad
- Kosher salt
- Three broccoli heads (cut into chunk size bits)
- Two tablespoons of freshly chopped chives
- 1/4 cup of toasted sliced almonds
- half cup of shredded Cheddar
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- Three bacon slices (cooked and crumbled)
Ingredients required for dressing
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- One tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup of mayonnaise
- Set aside a large bowl of ice water. Boil six cups of salted water in a saucepan or medium-sized pot.
- In the boiling water, add some broccoli leaves. Allow the florets to cook for 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the cooked florets and move them into the bowl containing ice water. Once the florets are cool, drain them in a colander.
- Prepare dressing ingredients in a medium-sized container. Whisk together and add pepper and salt to taste.
- With a large bowl, combine all salad and dressing ingredients. Toss the bowl until the contents are evenly mixed. Put in the refrigerator and serve as desired.
2. Keto Burger Buns
Calories per serving: 600
Yields 6 servings
The time required: 20 mins
- Four tablespoons of butter (melted)
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella
- Three sizeable eggs
- One tablespoon of kosher salt
- Two tablespoons of baking powder
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 3 cups of almond flour
- sesame seeds Sesame
- dried parsley
- First, pre-heat the oven to about 400°C. Use a parchment paper to cover a baking sheet. Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Add the eggs and turn the mixture properly. Add almond flour, salt, and baking powder. After the dough forms, make six balls and flatten them slightly. Place the flat dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the dough with butter. Sprinkle them with parsley and sesame seeds. Place in the oven for about 12 minutes or till they turn golden brown.
- Serve as desired.
3. Garlic Rosemary Pork Chops
Yield: 4 servings
The time required: 30 mins
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- One tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly minced rosemary: 1 tablespoon
- Two cloves garlic that’s minced already
- Four pork loin chops
- half cup of melted butter
- Preheat the oven to about 375°C. Add the pork chops, pepper and salt for seasoning.
- Mix butter, garlic, and rosemary inside a small bowl, then keep the bowl aside.
- Using high or medium heat, heat the olive oil together with chops in an oven-safe skillet. Sear for about 4 minutes or until you get a golden brown color. Flip the skillet contents and let them cook for another 4 minutes. Brush the chops with a moderate amount of garlic butter.
- In an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil, then add pork chops. Sear until it looks golden, then flip it and cook for 4 minutes more. Brush pork chops generously with garlic butter.
- Leave skillet to cook in an oven at 145°C for 10-12 minutes. Add more garlic butter if you wish and serve.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
1. What can I have for dinner with no keto?
Meals that have a high carb and fiber content but low proteins and fats are not ideal for keto. Any starchy dish such as shawarma, fried potatoes, pasta, and noodles are high in carb and may hinder the body from attaining the process of ketosis. Fats can only be converted to energy by ketosis.
2. What Indian dishes are keto?
Most spices, legumes, and paneer are keto-friendly. The majority of desi keto diet followers may choose from a wide range of rich Indian dishes that are ketogenic. These Indian keto dishes include Vegetable Masala, Paneer Makhani, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Fish Tikka, and quite a lot of meat and vegetables based foods.
3. What can I eat at night on keto?
When eating at night, it is usually recommended to take light food. Some light keto food to take at dinner may include Broccoli salad, Tandoori Fish Tikka, Vegetable Masala, and Paneer Makhani. There are many other keto dinner dishes you can try. However, be sure they are low carb.
4. How can I reduce my stomach fat with keto?
Ketogenic foods are low carb and high fats and protein foods. Studies have shown that people who follow a strict keto diet lose visceral fats faster than those who don’t follow a keto diet. Also, using keto food supplements can help new keto users to rid their stomachs of fats.
5. Are bananas keto?
Bananas are good fruits and are healthy to eat. However, they contain a fairly high amount of carb and fiber. A big sized banana is expected to give as much as 32g carbohydrate (per USDA), while small-sized banana can give 6g. It is essential to steer clear of bananas to avoid carb buildup, which may eventually prevent ketosis.
6. Is peanut butter OK on Keto?
Peanut butter consists mainly of proteins and fats, which are major requirements for a good keto diet. The issue of how different brands of peanut butter also matters when considering if the brand is keto-friendly or not. The best keto peanut butter has no added sugar.
7. What can you not eat on keto?
Generally speaking, any diet that is high in carbohydrate, low in protein and fats is not considered keto-friendly. For this reason, starchy foods such as rice, yam, potatoes, and some white flour products must be avoided by people who want to stick to a keto-friendly diet time-table.
Going on a keto diet is one of the trending lifestyle decisions that has got the attention of quite a lot of people. There is still a need for more research to determine the suitability of a keto diet for people with certain medical conditions and pregnant women. For people who want to lose weight, the keto diet is delivering real and measurable results.
Despite the low carb restriction on keto diet enthusiasts, there is still quite a wide range of keto dinner meals to choose from.